Collection of Data
Non-personal, technical and aggregate information
Like many companies, we monitor the use of this website [insert URL address] by collecting aggregate information. No personally identifiable data are collected in this process. Typically, we collect information about the number of visitors to the website, to each web page and the originating domain name of the visitor's Internet Service Provider. Also, we may collect non-personal information about your use of the Streaming Service such as, IP address, log files, user activity, time stamps, etc. Finally, we may also collect technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preferences, access time and the domain name of the website from which you linked to the Streaming Service, etc.).
This information is typically used to improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of the website as well as in order to comply with local legal requirements (such as the requirement of reporting to the local copyright collective management organizations in view of establishing and paying copyright royalties).
For clarity purposes, as an example, if we have sufficient information to link an IP address to a particular individual User (e.g., through login details, cookies, or any other information or technology) then that IP address is personal data, and is subject to the full protections of data protection law.
How we collect data
In some instances, RADIO MAX may collect aggregate data through cookies. A "cookie" is a text-only string of information that we send to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk using our Web server. They are used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
The website may use both strictly necessary cookies and performance cookies. Strictly necessary cookies enable you to move from page to page within the website and to use its features. These cookies are deleted when you close your browser. Performance cookies allow us to collect information, including the number of visitors to the website; where they have come to the website from; and the length of time they have spent on the website.
The majority of Web browsers accept cookies and similar files, but you can usually change the browser settings to prevent this. However, if you do so, some functionality of this website may be lost.
Purposes of Data Processing
We use your personal data for [TBC: PLEASE CONFIRM/AMEND AS THE CASE MAY BE: the purposes listed below:
- To provide and operate the Streaming Service
- To conduct analytics
- To improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of the website
- To detect and prevent fraudulent and illegal activity
- To investigate violations of our policies and to enforce them
- To investigate and resolve disputes in connection with your use of the website or the Streaming Service
- To comply with local laws and regulations or with requirements of local authorities and other competent bodies.
You have the right to:
- require us to provide you with further detail on the use we make of your personal data,
- gain access to your personal data and to provide you with a copy of information that you have provided to us,
- receive personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and – where technically feasible - to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance if processing of your data is based on your consent or contract and it is done by automated means,
- require us to update any inaccuracies in the information we hold,
- require us to delete any information we no longer have a lawful ground to use,
- where processing is based on consent to withdraw your consent with effect to the future so that we stop that particular processing,
- object to any processing ,including profiling, based on the legitimate interests due to your particular situation, unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights,
- require us to restrict how we use your information e.g. whilst a complaint is investigated.
Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime), our interests (e.g. the maintenance of legal privilege) or rights and freedoms of others. If you exercise any of these rights, we will check your entitlement and respond without undue delay, but not later than within a month. In complex cases or at times of receiving numerous requests, this period may be extended by two further months of which we will inform you.
If you are dissatisfied with our use of your information or our response to any exercise of these rights you have the right to complain to your data protection authority: http://www.dataprotection.ro/.
To Whom We May Disclose Your Personal Data
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as needed to provide the Streaming Service, unless we are required to retain it for additional periods, to enable us to meet our legal obligations under applicable laws or regulations. In addition, we may retain your personal data for longer periods, provided that retaining such information is necessary for our legitimate interests, such as fraud prevention and record keeping.
How We Keep Your Personal Data Secured
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Streaming Service and of your data. We have put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing, in accordance with the law. In addition, we employ industry standard procedures and controls to ensure the safety of your personal data, such as: secure network typology which includes Firewall systems; encrypted communication, authentication and access control, external and internal audit tests, etc.
Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorised access or abuse the Streaming Service and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
If you are the parent of a legal guardian of a person under the age of 18 or of a person under the age of legal consent in any jurisdiction ("Legally of Age") who you believe has provided personal data to us as a User of the Streaming Service, please contact us using the details set out at "How to contact us" below to have the information deleted. Information voluntarily provided by persons not Legally of Age via e-mails, message boards, chat sessions etc. may be used by other parties to generate unsolicited e-mails. We encourage parents and legal guardians to inform children about how to use the Internet in a safe and responsible manner.
How to contact us
If you have any general questions about the Streaming Service or the information that we collect about you and how we use it, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
We will make an effort to reply within a reasonable timeframe. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time.